Tuesday, September 02, 2014

I Had To Do It

Earlier this Summer, I cast on the Pi Shawl using my Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Cousteau colorway.  I've knitted it on it quite a bit, in the dark while waiting for egg throwers and in the truck while the Tall Guy, Baby Boy B and I shopped for furniture for houses.  It was a really good mindless knit.

Even though it was mindless, I just could not get it out of my mind that I was wasting a really good yarn on stockinette.  Some research on Ravelry and the many Pi Shawls out there soon had me giving serious thoughts as to how to continue.


I finally made the decision to rip it out and do some lace instead of the plain stockinette stitch.   I am hoping that lace shows up on it, since it is so dark.  There isn't much to show yet, because since I made the decision to rip back, there hasn't been much opportunity to pull it out of it's bag yet.  


In the meantime, I've been kicking around the idea of ripping back my sock heel and trying the after thought heel.  I'm just not real happy as to how the heel on this yarn is shaping up.  And from what I can gather, the afterthought heel may alleviate some of what I don't like on my Bite Me yarn.


Aw, what the heck, I am giving it try.  Maybe I'll really like it and do it all the time on my socks.


Stay tuned for how the rip backs turn out.

No comments: