Sunday, September 07, 2014

Not Even A Week

Well, my resolution to knit WIPS lasted about a week.  The wishful thinking of losing 5 lbs lasted until Thursday night, when we celebrated a birthday at Knit Night.  After that, it has went down hill.  But, today is a new day and after a couple of events today, I am back on track with my knitting and healthy eating.

First of all, I opened up Susan's blog post this morning on her Minnesota State Fair sweater that is freaking unbelievable!  If you do not read Susan and Sally's blog you should.  Rainey Sisters Those two are masters of knitting.  I know Susan a bit better than Sally, but both of their knitting just bowls me over.  You have to though, read today's post, because she really got me on the road to where my knitting needs to be going.  Susan is a leader not a follower.

The second event that happened today was my therapy call to Linda.  Linda and I seem to be so in tune to the same problems with our knitting and an hour every so often on the phone seems to get us both straightened around and with our heads back firmly back where they should be when it comes to knitting.  We both tend to have so many SQUIRREL moments when it comes to knitting.  And for me, I can spend hours of precious knitting time on the computer chasing the last greatest knit and then turning around and I have accomplished nothing on my knitting.

The third event for today was I went to file some patterns away, the Cardigan file was there and I thought I would see what was in it for patterns.  (A side note, I am looking for something to knit my Wistful out of) Three patterns popped out that I just loved a year or so ago.   I had filed them away never giving them any thought, until today.  Wow, there were three potential patterns that were hidden away that I loved.  None of them are on the top 20 in Ravelry, but I am okay with that, because, they are unique and that is just what I need right now.  Something that no one else is wearing, something that says I knit and I am unique, not a copy of what every one else is doing.  My own identity, I say it again my own identity!

After a while it starts to way you down a bit and you just don't feel like knitting anything.  But, another event that happened was that it got cool last night.  The long term forecast looks pretty good, which really means now is the time to get knitting those Fall knits, so they can be worn.  I know I have said it before, but I really want to wear my knits every day.  I want to be really known as a KNITTER.  To do that, with the help of my therapy call to Linda, I really need to decide what it is I want that to be and then knit it.  Don't be going down that Ravelry hole that doesn't accomplish any knitting for myself and only pulling patterns that everyone else is knitting.  Be a leader or at least love what you are knitting!

The stars must have aligned themselves and have been just waiting for me to file some patterns away, because as I opened the file cabinet drawer, the Cardigan file was there and I thought I would see what was in it for patterns.  (A side note, I am looking for something to knit my Wistful out of) Three patterns popped out that I just loved a year or so ago.   I had filed them away never giving them any thought, until today.  Wow, there were three potential patterns that were hidden away that I loved.  None of them are on the top 20 in Ravelry, but I am okay with that, because, they are unique and that is just what I need right now.  Something that no one else is wearing, something that says I knit and I am unique, not a copy of what every one else is doing.

Finally, I have given myself permission to get side tracked from my 5 WIPS/5 lbs challenge and enjoy my knitting.  I hope you are too!


No comments: