Saturday, July 18, 2015

Back At It - Knit and Fit 2015 Edition

Ok, Camp is over for another year and we are smack dab in the middle of Summer.  In just a month or so, schools and colleges will be starting back up and before you know it, yes, we'll be talking Fall.  And since it is obvious to me that I am not going to be wearing any shorts or swimming suits this Summer, there is always hope for next year.  But, honestly, as a friend said today, it is not necessarily about that, but more about being healthy.

Back in the start of 2014, I started a little thing called Knit and Fit 2014 over on Pinterest.  The thought then was to start the new year off by getting in shape, losing some weight and knit sweaters that fit me and looked good.    I can say that since then I have maintained my weight (well give or take 5 pounds) and I have toyed a bit with getting my sweaters to fit, but really the key word is toying.

Since coming back from camp, I feel rejuvenated, and am really ready to revisit this concept  and have created a new board over on Pinterest called simply Knit and Fit .  I have already started the healthy eating and a bit of exercise and am anxious to get my knitting on track. I am making lists of sweaters from various designers that get the whole fitting idea and looking good in your knits.

Chic Knits

Amy Herzog Custom Fit

I'm checking out Ready To Wear sweaters that I love and trying to copy them into knitting and that is what is showing up on Pinterest.

I am hoping that by the end of the year, I will be able to report that I have succeeded in my goals.  Along the way, I hope you all will join me so that we can truly be Knit and Fit in 2015 in more ways then one.




No comments: