Monday, March 28, 2016

Just A Quick Post

I'm back to the land of the living after almost a week of being the worst sick I can recall in many, many years!  I've still got a bit of a cough and if I do it too much or too hard, I have this really strong pain under one of my ribs, but I'm trying to not to do either.

And I am finally back to knitting.  The entire time I was down with this stuff, I had absolutely no desire to knit.  Until  Saturday night, I knit quite a bit on a Hospice Prayer Blanket while the other half of my NCAA bracket took a dump.

Yesterday, I tried a couple of new cast ons that I have never done before and promptly tossed the samples.  Both of them are for a wrap that I want to cast on, but neither are ready for prime time.

Right now, I'm just knitting on a bit of a poncho for Mona Lisa.  I may be back to the living, but my hands just wants some nice easy no thinking knitting right now.

My brain, however, is on over drive. I've got some drop dead gorgeous yarn that came to me along with an even more drop dead gorgeous book (that I want to knit almost everything in it)  while I was down with "the worst sick ever".  I am anxious to take some pictures of the yarn (I think you all will be surprised at the color) and blog about a really exciting adventure that I am undertaking.

For now, I'm off to take my nightly cough syrup (thank the gods for codeine) and a good nights sleep.

Thanks for stopping by for this quick post.

2 comments:

Kristen Rettig said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Both my son and husband and gf had the same nasty virus, and there seems to be nothing to do about it but live through it! My husband wrenched his back from coughing so much! Feel better!

Penny said...

Thanks Kristen! I am finally feeling better. The worst part is the time I just did not feel like knitting. So glad to be back upon the living.