Friday, October 21, 2016

The Diary of a Snood

Technically, the designer is calling this a snood, but really it is a cowl.  I am lovin it no matter the terminology. 
 
It starts with a provisional cast on.  Donna Smith gives directions on how to achieve this, but me being a creature of habit, I am using my ole stand-by crochet chain with a non-smooth yarn, I still have some white dish cloth cotton left from years back.
 
Recently on a the Knitmore Girls podcast, Jasmin gave a great hint for using the crochet cotton for doilies, Aunt Lydias.  I am going to pick me up some of it, because it would be even smoother and easier to pick out when I get to the end.
 
 
Last week, I discovered that I am not able to count to two and four in public.  I ended up ripping back my cowl a bit to where I messed it up.  But luckily, the chart is easy to read my knitting and I had it back on track pretty quickly and moving on.
 

And now on to Chart 2 with the next color way, an equally nice chart!


No comments: