Sunday, October 09, 2016

What Are You Working On This Week?

Usually, my title of the title is What's On the Needles This Week, but I think that may be a tad miss leading.  As we all know, there are a lot of things on my needles as is evident of my needle cases and the lack of 24 inch cords, but I'll blog more about that state later this week!


In the mean time, what I am really working on this week (or at least for today) is my Shallmillens Snood.  I am just on  the first section, but I have wound the second section color of Foothills Fingering in anticipation of starting it sometime later this week.  I am lovin the first section, it is easily memorized and something that can be knit in public.


This one is a shawl that I am designing for Hospice.  I'm going to do a whole blog about this project later this week after Hospice on Thursday.  I cannot wait to tell you all about this project that I am so super stoked about!!!


Also this week, is Breathing Space.  I'm ripping back a bit right now, but hope to make some progress on this one.  I really am ready to be done with the short rows.  I think this picture shows exactly what is going on with the gradient set I bought from Sun Valley Fibers at Camp last July.


I'm seein a trend here in color as I am sure you all are as well.  This one is for Poppy.  It is off the needles at the moment.  It needs the shoulders sewn together, then the rib at neck and arms and finally blocked.  This may be his birthday present or if not then for Christmas.  Knitters Choice.


It has been just a drop dead gorgeous Sunday here in Central Illinois and I've been getting some much needed cleaning done in anticipation of some new bedroom furniture being delivered tomorrow.  Once the furniture is delivered, I'll be doing some cleaning out of clothes that need to be thrown out and re-purposing an old chest or two for shawls and scarves.  Funny, how excited I am about having better space for my knits!

It's the little things, isn't it!  Happy Sunday!

No comments: