Friday, April 30, 2021

Finally Finished Friday

This is the second of Stealth Baby Projects that is finally finished.  The theme for this knit was the Caterpillar.



This particular project had some fits and start.  I knit my original pattern all the way to the end.  The whole time I am knitting it, I was not loving it.  I knit the yarn doubled on a fairly big needle and there was a lot of joins of colors that just were not fun.



Nope, I did not rip it out, I just tossed the pattern and the whole project in the garbage, and still had plenty of yarn left to figure out an alternative.  I did have to buy an extra skein or two, but the leftovers can easily be used for something else.  The yarn was Hikoo's Simpliworsted.

I used the yarn as a single thread and used Knitspot's Barrel o' Monkey pattern for the cocoon.  Her pattern has it all in stockinette, but I decided to use all of my original colors and add some purl rows as was my original intention, but otherwise keeping to the pattern for the cocoon.

The pattern includes a hat pattern, but I wanted to use a lighter weight yarn for the hat, so instead I chose to use the Simple Baby Cap 1 by Susan B. Anderson out of her Itty Bitty Hat book.  I chose Hikoo Simplicity, a DK weight in red for the cap and opted out of putting any eyes or antenna on the top.


I am super pleased with the final ensemble.  I wasn't so sure, but now with it all laid out, I am pretty happy about it.


I am onto one more theme knit for the baby, but first going to take a few days and knit a bit for me!

Happy Friday!!










No comments: