Saturday, April 10, 2021

Spring Week

 Our weather is ever changing here in Central Illinois, so I thought I would share with you the last couple of days of weather and knitting.

I pulled out a WIP the other day, the Shadow Shawl, to work on when I just wanted to knit on a shawl.  The yarn is birthday yarn from 2016 from my friend Becky. (Yes, I keep track of birthday yarn, when I received it and who gave it to me)

The daffodils are starting to stand up.


I still need to clean their bed up of the leaves.


I think I may want to go out and clip a few for a vase inside so we can enjoy them.


The wind came through Thursday.


And brought down a carpet of tulip tree blooms.


I sat out yesterday among them and had my coffee.  It wasn't as warm as it has been, but it felt good just to be there.


The peonies have grown while I watched them.  Last Sunday, they were barely peaking out.


We have several of these bushes in front of our porch.  Wish I knew what they were??


And today, the weather is rain all day.  I like rainy Saturdays, so I am going to sit and knit, drink a cuppa, watch the Cardinals play, hopefully, and work on my last Spring Transitional Sweater for the #tothis2021kal.  I am hoping to finish the Super Simple Summer Sweater this weekend, so I can add it to the blocking pile of knits.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: