Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Scarf #25


After a Fall of scarf knitting for a benefit, for a bazaar and for a friend's birthday next week, I have knit 25 scarves so far. The whole time I am knitting this latest one from Lion Brand Fun Fur Stripes, I am telling myself this is it. No more, back to my regular scheduled knitting!

But then, this Encore has been taunting me. It is one lonely ball of 200 yards. Why did I only buy one ball? That won't do the seaman's scarf I always knit. It takes at least 1 1/2 - 2 balls. Oh, yea, I remember, I acutally bought the one ball to go with an eyelash yarn I had previously bought. I knit a little of the two together last summer and decided you could not see the color variations on the Encore at all. So it sat there. I wondered if I could get one more? I could from Patternworks, I see that they still have it in their catalog, but I am trying to use up some yarn and I don't want to buy it. And I wanted to knit a scarf for warmth for my friend's birthday next week, but given the way she loses them, I did not want to go out and buy two skeins of anything more.

And then it hit me. I have been knitting all of these 25 scarves on big needles and a lot less than 200 yards have been involved with them! And so I decided to come down a size of needles and knit and see what happens. I think this looks pretty good! So, I am going to knit on this one last scarf for now! It will be the Thanksgiving day project for at the in-laws. Then I am done with scarves for now, really, it will be back to my regular scheduled knitting! No, really!

No comments: