Monday, December 24, 2007

Day 3

Did I just say a couple of days ago that I was going to stay in for as much of the break as I could? Well, on Day 1, 2, and 3, we have went somewhere. Today, just does not seem like Christmas Eve. In the last 31 years we have went over to the tall guy's parents house for Christmas Eve dinner and opening of presents.

This year, our neice started a new job and does not have vacation time that she can take to come down for Christmas Eve. That and combined with having a new son, they came down on Saturday and we celebrated! We had a great time, but tonight, seems so odd for it to be Christmas Eve and we're treating it like any other weekend. Just weird.


Given all of that, it was kind of nice for the tall guy and I today. We went to Peoria to shop for us. Went to Barnes and Noble and I used my gift card for a new book to read. Then, to Gander Mountain for some new sox for me, (Smart Wool which costs as much a pair as if I had knitted them) and ammo for the tall guy.

Then to the grocery store to pick a few things so we DON'T have to go out the day after Christmas and finally home for hamburgers. Not your typical Christmas Eve. One of the twins is sleeping because he has to work at midnight and the other is down at the corner bar with friends.

Nope, not your typical Christmas Eve! I'm not sure I like it all.

No comments: