Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sleep On It

When I went to bed on Friday night, I had it in my mind to get up and cast on for EZ's Hybrid Cardigan incorporating some of Brooklyn Tweeds rib at the sides. But, as yesterday's readers could tell, when I woke up I had yarn shopping on my mind.

After showering, I sat down in my chair and took a little nap. I woke up around 11:00, had lunch and then another thought went into my mind.

This green and lonely skein of Encore have been on my mind for quite some time. I wanted to use it up and had been kicking several ideas around. This hit me when I woke up from my little morning nap.
Why not do Bonne Marie's pattern (one of two that are on my mind yet to do this winter)? The pattern has you doing it in pieces and those who know me, know that I have a adversion to sewing up. I hate doing it! And my sewing up look sometimes reflect that.

It took me a few tries to get this right, but I am finally happy with the end results. There will be just a trace of the blue in the body, I'm on the fly with where at this time.

Sometimes, it helps to sleep on it.

No comments: