Saturday, September 18, 2010

All That Fretting

I literally spent three nights trying to figure out what to do with my Mushishi yarn that I bought at Stitches Midwest back in August.

After spending alot of time looking at Ravelry sweaters and looking at some of them several times, I knew that I could not knit something in the round because of the stripes....I just don't need those things going around me.!

I discovered while knitting Cheryl Oberle's seedling that if you break the stockinette up with stitches that it makes the stripes not so noticeable...I was very close last night to throwing up my hands and knitting the Mushishi up in the Seedling Jacket again, when it hit me.

My most favorite sweater of all time, and the one that fits me the bestest, is Elizabeth's Suspender Sweater. I knitted the pullover version several years back after trying it on at Knit Camp.

Guess what! There is a cardigan version of the suspender sweater and it would be just perfect, I think, for the Mushishi. The panels will break up the striping and hopefully, have a subtle shading effect...and if push comes to shove, I can add stripes of dark green or black as the suspenders.

Feels good to have a plan for it.

No comments: