Saturday, September 04, 2010

Saturdays

Very rarely do I miss a Saturday at Knit Four Together in Dunlap. I'm missing it today. But, I'm still feeling a little punk this morning and didn't want to inflict anything on anyone. Late yesterday afternoon, I came to the realization that this wasn't just a flare up but a true life bug....I had along with other things a headache, chills and body parts that just ached along with just a feeling of not feeling good. And I didn't knit one stitch, so you know how bad I was feeling. That is always a clue for anyone who knows me well. It was a pity too, because it was such a bee-u-ti-ful day! I'm feeling a tad better today, but still not the greatest.

In the mean time, I got two new things in the mail yesterday and today I am going to sit in my chair and peruse them and give knitting a try.
The commemorative issue of the Knitter's Almanac has some color pictures and a couple of new introductions that I want to read. Otherwise it's the same Almanac that I love and read over and over and in hard back...I am so looking forward to it.

The new issue of Wool Gathering features the Lap Shoulder and can I say I LOVE the cover sweater. Makes me want to go in and cast on right now...but I still have 2 things on my list that have next week deadlines. So, I'll have to wait for that.

It's another lovely day in Central Illinois. Hopefully, by tomorrow I'll be feeling great and can enjoy the rest of the weekend like it was a holiday.

No comments: