Friday, September 10, 2010

I Did Something

I went almost 45 hours without turning on the laptop! Unbelievable.

While I was away from it, I did some cleaning (kids from Memphis are going to be here later tonight) and knitted on Cheryl Oberle's Folk School Shawl. The reason I was knitting on it is that I am having a hard time deciding on what I want to knit out of my Mushishi yarn and a shawl from the Happy Feet Yarn I dyed a couple of weeks ago. As my friend Sue would say, I am having "decision paralysis" on those two yarns and consequently wasn't knitting on anything. Cheryl's shawl is fun to knit and is a no brainer until I decide what to knit out of those two yarns that are calling me.

The problem is with the Mushisi, I have come to the realization that it is going to stripe if I try to knit it as almost anything, and Lord knows as well as I that the stripes thing is just not for me. This yarn is going to need some sort of texture to the knitting in order to break up the stripes. I could knit another Seedling from Cheryl's book, but didn't want to duplicate that one yet. At the moment, I am leaning towards the Epaulet Sweater by EZ. It's all garter and that might be an option.

On my sock yarn that I dyed, the problem is that I have two skeins or around 950 yards. I want to knit it all up in a shawl...I don't want to do lace necessarily, but since I can't find exactly what I want in a garter stitch shawl (read as brainless), I might have to head back to Ravelry and check out the easy lace shawls ( read as not a whole lot of memorization to the lace ) and see what would use about the same yardage.

What did I miss while I was off cleaning and knitting?
A new podcast is up over on A Piper Knits
Franklin Habit has the cutest dang drawing about EZ
Chicknits finished a sweater that sends us to thinking
As always, the Rainey Sisters pull another sweater out of a past magazine...I swear I might as well just let them make the decision as to what I want to knit
And finally, just found on Ravelry another beret pattern the MIL would love....can I knit it in 16 hours?

No comments: