Sunday, July 22, 2012

Show and Tell - Part 2

And we have more shawls.  These next four pictures truly do not give you the essence of how cool these shawls really are!  

They are so big, they really could use more than two people to hold them up.

The sheer amount of stitches in these are unbelievable let alone the sheerness of the shawls.

 I love the center on this blue shawl and the way the stitches radiate out from the center. 
 Sharon not only designs the shawls but knits them.  Both the beige and the blue shawl were knit in the past year.  Unbelievable.
 Fibernating is modeling Linda's shawl.  From someone who always says she does not have any good show and tell, I totally beg to differ.
 Reluctantly, my roomie poses with her Wool Peddler's Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's yarn.  This is one cool shawl that we both have made several times and keep coming back to it.  It has so much potential.

I love these center out square shawls.  Cheryl Oberle showed us a new start for them, but I'm waiting for her new set of volumes on center out shawls this fall to really use it.

That concludes the shawl portion of our show and tell.  Doesn't this make you want to head into the yarn room to pick out some yarn and a pattern for one?  It does me and I am bound and determined to have a couple to show off for next year's show and tell myself!

No comments: