Saturday, October 05, 2013

No Brainer Knitting

At knit nights, it is almost imperative that I have some no brainer knitting with me.  I seem to have a few of those projects that I am loving right now. 

After I finished Mona Lisa's daycare blankie the other night, I could not resist casting on the Faroette Shawl by Cheryl Oberle.  It is a pretty simple knit doing decreases every other row.  The Faroette is one of those shawls that is going to be so much fun for late Fall temps and into the Winter.  I have a great turtleneck that this will go over as well as a black and gray that I think it will be so wearable with.


Cheryl's OM (Organic Merino) is to die for!  It is so scrumptiously soft and I am telling you it rivals Malabrigo in softness.  I am definitely wanting a sweater's quantity in this yarn for a sweater for me!


I started the Easy Folded Poncho from Churchmouse Yarns (I'll tell you about them in the next couple of days's post.  This is a super no brainer knitting...50 inches of stockinette.  I am about halfway through, so I am motoring on with it.  It truly will be a great knit to wear in just a couple of weeks when it starts cooling down.

I love the Flicker yarn.  It has these little flecks of silver that subtly jump out.  I loved the yarn since I saw a little cowl in the Mass Ave booth at Stitches Midwest a couple of years ago.


My Stora Dimun Shawl is sitting next to me for a pick up session.  This knit is not at the top of my list for knitting, but I do pick it up on occasion to knit a few rows on it.  It is going to be a great winter project.  My real intent is to have this done by Knit Camp next year.


Your keen eyes have picked up on a theme here haven't you?  Simple and blue/greens abound here at PJKnits.  That is my theme for my knitting right now.  Although, in the next couple of days, I may surprise you in what I am also knitting on.  That is the blessing of having multiple projects, boredom never is a problem.

No comments: