Sunday, October 06, 2013

Stash Enhancement Sunday

A couple of things to report this week.

On Friday, my order came from Churchmouse Yarns and Teas out from Washington.  I understand this is the coolest shop.  Someday, I hope to make it out to the Pacific Northwest to go there.  They have some neat yarns on-line and some super cool patterns that you can purchase and download.  I love to see the different ways that shops package their orders.



I ordered a couple of Koigu yarns because I had bought Churchmouse's  Turkish Socks.  Problem is I am not sure where I put the pattern, so until I find it, I'll just look at them for a while. I guess I didn't do a very good job on picking out the yarns because these are really close in colorways.  Once I decide on which one I really like the best, I'll send the other one back.


A new book came into the shop last week when I was out there on Tuesday.  I was back on Thursday night and I managed to get out without buying anything.


But not so lucky yesterday.  Who could resist this cutie patootie?


Miss Mona Lisa is going to look so cute in this.  I'll be on the search soon for a cute little turtleneck to go under it that matches that orangey/coral.


Last night I attended a Girls' Night Out Fundraiser for St. Jude which included a silent auction.  I tried to take home several things, but ended up with this super nice book basket.


The books are ones that I wouldn't know to buy, but lately I am trying to be diverse on my reading and not just read trashy romance stuff.  I can say I am actually looking forward to reading these this winter.  The Jelly Roll Quilts book I will give to a friend that quilts and the crochet one, I will pass on as a door prize at the upcoming Bishop Hills Fiber Guild Spin In.

It's chillin up here a bit in Central IL so now it is really time to start knitting hard and heavy on the warm woolies and start thinking about any Christmas gifties that need to be knitted.

No comments: