Saturday, October 11, 2014

Call Me Impressed

I finished my first ever After Thought Heel Sock this morning.  Ignore those tiny holes for now.  It was a test.  I was skeptical as I was knitting them, thinking I would do a second one, but after that I would go back to my old stand by sock from many years ago.


Then I tried it on!  I love the way this heel fits.  It cups it just perfectly.


When I do my second pair, I may change how I hold the stitches for the heel.  I'll do a bit of research before the second pair comes around.


It was a little tight picking up the right leg of the stitch on the top and bottom of the waste yarn.


And the fact that I am using my Karbonz needles that are black with black yarn doesn't help.


But, I really love them!  Check the pattern out - AfterThought Heel Socks  !

1 comment:

Andi G said...

Look at your fantastic afterthought heel! I love trying new to me sock techniques. Especially when they work. :)