Friday, October 24, 2014

Monogamous For A Bit



I did pretty good for a good two days!  I made it to the feather and fan part of my Multnomah until I fell off of the wagon.



But, it is for a good cause!  One of our co-worker's husband fell out of a bucket while at work in late July.  Long story short, the young man did major damage to his back, is paralyzed from the waist down and will be confined to a wheel chair.  He and his wife (our co-worker) are in their early 30's and have three small children.

In November, friends are having a benefit for their family, and several departments are doing baskets for the auction at the benefit.  The gal that works for me does some super cool painting on clay pots and  she and I are doing one for the benefit.  We are doing a theme of the local school that the family lives close to and is involve with.  She thought it would be cool if I could knit some things to go in the pot in the colors of the school.

We decided on mittens, a scarf and a hat.


So, you can see why I had to abandon my monogamous Multnomah for right now, since I have limited time to get these projects done.


 I am just hoping my wrist, elbows and shoulders will hold out.  Just the last couple of days, I have been having some right wrist pain on the outside that I haven't had before. I'm going to guess it is the mousing I have been doing so I made need to cut down on the amount of time I spend on the computer at night.  Good thing is that it does seem to get a bit better with ibuprofen.


Whereas, the pain I have been having in my elbows do not.  I know there has to be a doctor's appointment to be made soon, but for now, I am going to grin and bare it and do some exercising of it that I found on You Tube for now.  Cause frankly, I just don't have time to take a break from knitting, thats right up there with going without coffee!

No comments: