Monday, January 09, 2017

I Am So Excited

Denise from Lost City Knits asked me to lead the first KAL starting on January 22nd, over on the Fans of Lost City Knits Group on Ravelry for her brand new pattern, Stranded in the Highlands.


The Toque and mitts are knitted out of Jamieson and Smith's Shetland Wool that Lost City Knits just started carrying 50 colors of.  And of course, I had to order some to play around with.  First off, I pulled out my old color card that seems to be very hard to get these days.


And then I chose some colors from my go to color guide.


And placed my order for a few colors ( I figured those that didn't make the cut can be used for future projects)


Then came the selection process.  It was quite helpful to have some nice sun shining in the front window to help with narrowing down the colors.







I think I have narrowed down to five.


Later this week, some up close looks and a narrowing more down of the choices.

No comments: