Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm Getting A Gold Medal!


The Knitting Olympics are officially over for me. I am proud to have finisished. This was a challenge, even thought it was just a Poncho. Crashed computers and life interfered every once in a while, but I made it! This project involved doing a little lace and decreasing while working it. A couple of things that are not my forte, but I could see myself doing more.

Most importantly, the success of the project, was because I stuck to one project and did not flit from one to another. I knitted just on the poncho. There were times I itched to start something new, but I kept my mind on the prize, albeit not a tangible medal, but great satisfaction.

I enjoyed haveing a site to go to during the Olympics to see how some of my fellow team mates were doing and what they were working on. I love surfing new knitting bud's sites to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Last night, if you asked me if I liked the finished project, I probably would have said probably not. I just was unsure. The only time I had tried it on, was prior to blocking, and I wasn't much impressed. But, today, I got dressed, put some make-up on and put it on. I love it! It fits well, I think it looks nice! I think I will like wearing it.

What's next? That is quandry, but I think I've made my decision, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. For now, I have to go celebrate!

No comments: