Saturday, February 25, 2006

It's Blocking!
I am so pleased that Arnhild's Poncho is in the final blocking stage. This truly was an Olympic Event and I feel so good for having completed the challenge. There were a couple of times this past week, when I thought that it would never be done. And then, all of sudden, there I was at the end, crocheting around the bottom, tying in ends and wetting it down.

I really like the lace stitches in the beginning of the pattern. I never have really done alot of lace. Sure, I've tested the waters out at Stitch Camp and Stitches Midwest, but never to this extent. Blocking really makes the stitches come out. This Olympic Challenge really was a skill builder as well as an exercise in time managment for me.

Now, I just need to figure out what my next project should be. I've kicked several around, but I swore to myself that I would not start anything that is not already on needles. I told myself just this morning, if I complete two WIPS by April 1st, that I can buy yarn at the yarn shop in Dunlap. That should be an incentive, shouldn't it? It was hard, because two particular bags of yarn have been calling me, but finally this afternoon, I shoved em back in the drawers and told them to behave! There others ahead of them! So far they are listening, but the night isn't over yet!

No comments: