Monday, February 27, 2006

What's Next After the Knitting Olympics?

This was a tough one. You know what is like when you are knitting on something and it comes to the end and you don't have an idea of what you want to do next? The whole time you are knitting on the deadline project, you are imagining what you could be knitting on if not having to knit on what you are knitting on. Then when it's all done, you sit and look at the possibilities and they are overwhelming?


My new self-imposed deadline is April 1st. If I finish two WIPS then I can go to the new yarn shop in Dunlap and buy something. Otherwise, I cannot go!

The purpose is:
To eliminate some WIPS there by gaining some needles back, using up some of the stash, and gain some room in the drawers for some completed sweaters.



The tough part of it, is deciding on what one of these projects to start with?
On Saturday, I knitted on a little of all, trying to figure out what I want to do next. None of them floated my boat. Finally, on Sunday, I decided the purpose of knitting is for there to be passion about it. You gotta want to knit what you are doing, or else, it becomes work. So I choose, something that I really want to be working on. Sure it is for winter, and with it going to be 50 for a couple of days, I doubt that I will wear it this season, but there is always Fall/Winter and I'll be ready.

No comments: