Friday, February 12, 2010

Cast On!

Or rather for me, pick up the sweater in progress. The New Zealand Sweater from Elizabeth Zimmermann is my Ravelympics. I have entered it in the WIPS Dancing Event. The deal is that we could not pick it up and start knitting until the Olympic Opening Ceremonies began. So, armed with coffee, the minute they started at 8pm, I picked up my needles and started knitting.



I'm hoping before the closing cermonies that I will have it done. I, first started it on May 24, 2008. I'm not sure why I left it sit for so long, but as I am really trying this year to get some stuff off of needles and whittle down the yarn room, I thought it might be a good project to do for the Ravelympics.

That and the yarns are from Knit 4 Together so I can sit and knit on it in the shop without feeling too bad.

No comments: