Sunday, February 14, 2010

What A Beautiful Drive

The trees were so beautiful on the way to the shop today. The frozen frost on each one was so fantastic.

I've noticed the last couple of weeks that there has been quite a bit of frost on the trees. Today, when the wind blew, it seemed to fall off of them like snow. Something, I have never seen before.

The radio was talking about frozen frost and I wondered last week if this is what they were really talking about.






I wanted to stop along the interstate and take pictures as I was driving along, but there seem to be an awful lot of traffic out this morning. It had to have been because the sun was finally shining. It was cold, but with the sun out, it sure did not seem like it.



I finally was able to pull off the road into a subdivision that was marked "Private" so I could take some pictures. I am sure that the cars that were going by thought I was some kind of wierdo!

Maybe I was.


I got out to the shop a little late, and it was already hopping. Nancy had a steady stream of customers until after noon. I had a great conversation with a couple of ladies. One of them had been to the Sheep and Wool Festival in Wisconsin last Summer too.



She turned me onto some ideas to use some of my sock yarn and a strand of some Kids Silk Haze that I have for scarves and for some of the toys from the Itty Bitty Book I bought.

After that, while the sun was shining, I did a little shopping at places I never seem to get in Peoria....have to take advantage of clean roads before it snows again.

No comments: