Saturday, February 06, 2010

February Baby Sweater

At the start of the new year, I decided to try and knit somethings from EZ's Knitter's Almanac. I did not fair to well in January. My Aran sits with about two inches knit in it and I'm not sure I like my choice for yarn or stitches.

So, when February started, I was bound and determined to start on the Baby things. As luck would have it, there are a couple of babies I could knit for. They are remote babies, but one out in Washington would really appreciate some knitted things from his honorary Aunt Penny.

I'm using Sirdar Snuggy Fair Isle DK for the sweater. I love the feel of this yarn. When knitted up, it feels like a chenille. Instead of using the gull pattern ( I thought a lace pattern might be to feminine for a boy) so I decided to just do stockinette for the lower body. This should be a semi quick knit.

No comments: