Monday, October 11, 2010

I Drank the Kool-Ade

Thats what happens when you spend the weekend with a designer. I am now wanting to start a whole new slewful of things. Not only do I want to knit more of Jared's designs, but I want to start do an Aran from EZ and/or take my stitch dictionaries/cable books and design my own.I want to steek the sweater using the crochet method.

One of the cool things that I learned on Saturday morning was that Jared, too, uses diagrams of his sweaters to knit off of. Something I do alot ever since I learned it from Judy Chan years ago. Also, how important swatching the cable sweater is and other swatching.

I always swatch and 9 out of 10 times it is a fairly large swatch. But, Jared recommends doing several swatches in different needle sizes and living with them for a couple of days. Even though, our tendencies is to launch right into the project.


The problem with drinking the koolade? I, already, have a tableful of things that are in progress, that are like my top ten for wanting to do.


First of all is to finish the babies' sweaters since the twin girls have now been born.

Did I mention I was off today? I'm going to spend the day knitting and playing and just plain enjoying myself with maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby.

No comments: