Monday, January 02, 2012

The Final Day of Christmas Vacation

It's almost over. It's been a nice vacation and holiday.  I am very fortunate to have been able to do just what I have wanted during this time off.  Seriously, though, it is probably to my advantage to go back to work.  I've pretty much ate what I wanted during this time off and with most people, it's time to get back on the wagon and eat right and start getting some exercise.  Today, seems like a good day to start.

On the knitting resolution front, I have a couple of thoughts on my list.

1.  Knit Stash - it's no secret that I have a stash, but with a new grandbaby coming this Summer, it's important that I start knitting down the stash.  The baby is going to need a space to sleep when it comes to visit and although, the yarn is good insulation in the room, it would be nice if I could actually have a space for it to sleep.

2.  WIPS - I did take do a little clean-up last Summer on some WIPS, taking them off of the needles and re-purposing the yarn.  In 2012, I am going to try and get some more off of the needles, hopefully in the form of finished project.

Late yesterday, I hauled a pair of socks out that I have been knitting on for I don't know how long.  Before bed, I finished them.  The yarn is Lorna's Laces that I bought from Needleworks in Urbana years ago.  I have had one done for probably two or three years. 

 I am not particularly happy with the fit on them.  They seem to me a litle big and wouldn't fit very well in my shoes.  One thing is for sure, I am not ripping them out.  They will make a nice boot sock should I need them in my snow boots or nice just throw on sockies around the house.

The needles that were in the knitting of the second sock was a size 2 which may account for the bigness of the sock.  I am such a loose knitter, I can't imagine knitting the foot part in a size 2.  Normally, I would use a 2 in the cuff and then switch to a size 1 for the rest.  That tells me that this sock has been around for awhile!


 Enter yet another WIP. This time a sock out of a cotton yarn that I bought at Knit 4 Together probably two years ago. This one had size 1 needles in the cuff.  Huh?  So, I am motoring on with a size 1 needle for the entire sock and we'll see how this one turns out.

As it turns out, this WIP will make a nice grab and go project when needed. 

I'm feeling pretty good this morning about my knitting resolutions and a tad about going back to work tomorrow.  It's time to get back into a routine. 

Happy Knitting for now.

No comments: