Sunday, January 01, 2012

The Eleventh Day of Christmas Vacation

(*the post below was written at 3:30 pm on New Years Day*)
We've had a great two days.  The kids were here from Iowa and we celebrated Christmas with them and other family.  Everyone has went home now, and we are having a quiet afternoon.  I'm watching a lot of Home and Garden TV this afternoon, knitting on a sock that I brought out of wipdom and hoping to finish it today this 1st day of the New Year. 

Somewhere, sometime, someone said that however you spend the first day of the year is how you will spend the rest of the year.  So, for me it looks like, I'll be knitting on WIPS this year, enjoying a cup of Mystic Chai Tea, watching tv and kicking back.  Not a bad deal if you ask me.


(**the post below was written just after midnight**)
And with 2012 officially started, you can tell here at our house, by the fireworks going off and the neighbor kids out screaming and yelling ~ it's time to recap what Pjknits finished knitting in 2011.

1 Baby Hat
2 Shoulder Shawls
2 Baby Sweaters
2 Sweaters for Toddlers
31 Scarves ( one for me)
1 Hat
1 Pair of Slippers
6 Sweaters
3 Afghan Squares - hey, I'm counting them all
1 Pair of Mittens
1 Headband

That is more than I thought I had accomplished, since there sure is a lot of knitting needles that are MIA.

Anywho, Happy New Year to you all dear Blog Readers, thank you for following along.

1 comment:

Kristen Rettig said...

Happy New Year! 31 scarves? That must be a record!