Friday, March 02, 2012

The Knitting Tree

If the Knitting Tree was closer, it would be my yarn shop of choice, at least for yarn.  Not so sure for sitting around knitting on a Saturday, but definitely somewhere I would shop for yarn.
 I'm going to knit this vest just a little longer in back, but I hear that the yarn stretches a bit, but I should be okay with that.  Jackie was so helpful in picking out a color for me and telling me what size to knit.
I would have preferred the taupe, but the yarn is discontinued.  Although, Webs did have it in a darker taupe, but I am sticking with mu first choice.  This will be really good with jeans this spring/summer.

 I have been wanting to use Rowan Felted Tweed forecver.  This probably won't materialize until later this Summer, for next year's wearing, but I loved the pattern and they had a sample all knitted up.

The pattern that goes with this yarn was highly sought after, but the book is discontinued.  If you bought the yarn, the shop would copy and give you the pattern.  I loved the sample and again a nice piece for this spring/summer.  I am always on the lookout for vests for the next two seasons that can be worn over a t-shirt to dress it up and of course cover the belly!

No comments: