Friday, March 23, 2012

This Baby Stuff Is Addictive

In 2008, Debbie Bliss came out with her first issue of her knitting magazine.  Of all the issues, this very first one is my fave.  It has the most items in it that I still want to knit.  And with Ravelry, there are a couple of sweaters that really are catching my eye.  But, they are going to have to wait until the baby knitting is done or at least the stuff I want to knit for the first shower a little over a month.

While thumbing through the first issue, there was a baby blanket that caught my eye.  Most of all the colors kind of caught my eye.  This picture may not fully show the color, but the largest amount of the baby blanket is done out of a light gray Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.  The first trim is the lilac and the final is brown.

 I'm not knitting the blanket from the magazine, but just stealing the colors and the yarn.  Love the cashmerino, just have to say that.  I acutally am knitting Jared Flood's Tweed Baby Blanket.  When we first found out that we were going to grandparents, I tossed around the possibility of a Christening Blanket and maybe using Jared's pattern for it.  But, it just wasn't what I wanted in a christening blanket.

But, voila, an idea arose one night that I could use the colors and yarn from Debbie Bliss and knit Jared's blanket.    Oh, I forgot to mention, it is very possible that the DIL is doing the baby's bedroom in pink and gray.  How cool will this be?  I get to knit the pattern I want to and in the colors which are kind of different for me. 
I cast on tonight.  You get the addictive part now don't you?!  Normally, I am a very LOOSE knitter, so I started knitting it on a size 6 and now to get gauge I am all the way to a size 10.  Love Love the feel of this Baby Cashmerino!  It's way up there with Sublime in my estimation.

Yes, this baby knitting is addictive. 

No comments: