Friday, March 30, 2012

Love Those Plastic Pins

They sure do come in handy.  While working on my Singapore vest, it comes to the part in the instructions where it tells me to knit for _ inches after the armhole shaping.  The nice part of this pattern?  If I was a beginning knitter, I might be tempted to measure the curve to my next stopping point.

But, this nice Sublime pattern qualifies it and tells me to be and sure not to measure the curve.  If, I was a beginner knitter, I'd be quite happy with that little insight into my pattern.

Not that you don't know how to do this already, but a fairly new knitter might not think of this.  I take my handy ruler that sits next to me.and lay it down on the back of the sweater starting at the armhole edge and parallel to the stitches.  I go out about 4 or 5 inches and then put my safety pin in.

Now, as I knit along, I can measure from the armhole start as indicated by my pattern up to wherever I am  and can have a pretty good measurement of when to stop.

If you are not a new knitter, you can ignore this rudimentary instruction into knitting. 

No comments: