Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pacific - My Review

I'm always up for a new yarn at a local yarn shop.  Several of my friends are knitting or planning to knit with it, so I thought I would give it a try for an afghan for Baby H.  It's 40% superwash merino wool and 60% Acrylic, so it's a great choice for something that may get washed lots.  Touted as an alternative to Encore, I have to say after knitting most of my blanket with it, I am still a fan of Encore.

I am using my Knit Picks metal needles on it and granted they have a pretty good point on them, but I found that the Pacific yarn had a tendency to split.  Many times I had to rip back a stitch to get all of the strands back on the needle.  Some I did not find until I was way past the point of return.

The other annoying thing?  It had a lot of static to it. 


 What I loved about Pacific?  It's superwash.  The color. It was just what I wanted.  Not too light, not so deep pink, but just right.  Only one knot in about 10 skeins.   It's soft too, not scratchy.

Will I use it again?  We'll see. 

1 comment:

Kristen Rettig said...

Thank you for the review. I am looking for something superwash (and superdry too) for mothers who won't hand wash their children's clothes. I guess I really can't blame them. I don't like using acrylic and think that Encore is scratchy! Something soft and wooly with lots of colors and is inexpensive too, one can dream right?