Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Baby's Room And A New Blanket

I'm tickeled about seeing pictures of the baby's room.  I can hardly wait to see it in person.  When DIL told me the colors, I was really wondering what it would look like, but this is going to be so cool.



 I was going to hold onto this present until a little later this summer, when I have the chance to knit a sweater and finish the booties to go with it.  But, after seeing the room, this is something that has to go over when the baby is born.
The pattern is Jared Flood's Tweed Baby Blanket.  The colors are actually right from a Debbie Bliss blanket and I used her yarn for it as well.  It was just a fluke that it is almost the same colors as the baby-to-be's bedroom. 

Other than the yarn change, I did it exactly as called for in the pattern right down to the I-Cord bindoff.  It was the first time I ever did it and I love the looks of it.  Even if I did grumble once or twice about the 500+ stitches. 

I just need to block this and then it will be ready to wrap.  I'm pleased this one is done and almost ready to go!

No comments: