Tuesday, May 14, 2013

On Your Mark, Get Set, KAL

At long last, I believe that Springer is here.  What is Springer?  Spring and Summer mixed.  All of a sudden, we go from the 60s to almost 90 in Central IL.  Which means it is time to get the shorts out and which also means that I am so hacked off with myself that I haven't been very serious about my Weight Watchers program or my exercising program.  I don't have my Spring knitting done either.

So here is my thought.  Tomorrow, it is back to regularly scheduled Weight Watchers meetings.  And on Thursday, it is back to the walking program at work three days a week at lunch.  I am really going to try to get up earlier and do a little treadmill walk/running too.  Try is the operative word.  I am not going to freak out if I don't stick to this one, but am really going to see if I can.  I really don't want to set myself up for too much disappointment.

Tomorrow, starts the Single Handed Knits Read Along/Knit A Long over on the Ravelry board.  I have all of my stuff ready to go and I am anxious to cast on and read Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea.  I'm broadening my horizons.


I know, I know, it is another cast on, but hey, I think I am getting pretty good at it!  But, look at it this way, if I have a ton of knitting to do, it should keep me out of the kitchen and from finding something to snack on.  And at dinner time, if I stop after the first plateful and proceed directly to the knitting, I may just be able to lose a few pounds in the next couple of months!

No comments: