Friday, November 08, 2013

Half Finished Friday

Ta Daaa!  One half of my Cusco Jacket is finished.  And I am lovin it!


I have made a few changes to Cheryl's pattern from Knitted Jackets.  Added more stitches to the cast on, left off most of the lace chart except for the yarn overs/knit 2 togethers and added a repeat of them at the bottom of the sleeve.  I wanted a sweater that I can wrap up in or throw over a simple turtle neck to use as layering piece this winter.

Mine is out of the ever wonderful Wistful from Briar Rose Fibers.  I just love this yarn.  I already have one other sweater out of it, and have more of it in yet another color way for my Ravellenics project that I will be doing in 2014.

A couple of weeks ago, I was well into the sleeve knitting when I noticed this little boo boo.


Not sure how that happened, but I ripped it back to the start of the sleeve and away I went.  What I really like about my adaptation is that I can sit and knit and not have to pay too much attention to what I am doing.  Well, maybe in the above instance, I should have paid a bit more attention to it!

There are a couple of other projects that are a bit time sensitive, so Cusco won't get a whole lot of knitting done on it right now, but when I just need a bit of calm relaxing knitting, this is going to be my go to in the next few weeks.


No comments: