Saturday, November 16, 2013

What Are You Knitting This Week?

To start with, I am knitting on Cheryl Oberle's Simple Garter Stitch Prairie Shawl from the Folk Shawls book .  I am following the pattern exactly for now, but when I get to the last skein of yarn, I am going to try to make some elongated ends to it so it wraps around a bit to add a blingy pin to it.

The plan is for it to be a part of the money maker for our  Girls Holiday Bash we host at work every year.  This year's theme has bling all over it.

The yarn is Simplicity by Hikoo which feels so good!  But of course with Merino in it, why wouldn't it feel good.  And it is a super wash.


This must be a Cheryl weekend, because my other knitting project, mostly being knitted at work and at Knit Night, is my plain Cusco from Knitted Jackets by Cheryl.  I am using one of my fave yarns Wistful from Chris over at Briar Rose Fibers.  This is the second half of the jacket and it is a great no brainer knitting project.


You know what is so funny about this knit?  Everyone who sees these holes at the bottom thinks it is a really cool pattern.  When I tell them, they look at me like I am not telling them the whole truth!  Chuckle!


I did a little shopping this week, spending my birthday money several times over and can't wait to show you everything when it all comes in.  Hopefully, that will be a post for later next week.

Have a good weekend and knit something fun!

No comments: