Friday, March 14, 2014

Knitting Pipeline Retreat

What a fun day!  The actual retreat did not start until 2pm today, so we had a bit of time to shop for yarn.  One would think from what I bought that I hadn't had a chance to see any yarn for a bit!  But, in my defense, I am ready for Spring and my purchases today just screamed Spring to me!  Between the shopping before the retreat today and the vendors tonight, I am pretty pleased with my Spring purchases.


Yes, there are a few shawls here in the mix, and this one is not 100% Spring, but I loved the feel of the yarn and the color combo.  It may not be the first thing I cast on, but I will be casting on it at some point.

One of the Thursday night knitters has been knitting Rustic Beauty.  We have all admire her shawl and I have been on the lookout for a yarn to knit it out of too.  I think this one is going to be just perfect for blue jean casual.


This yarn and shawl was the hot ticket item today.  The ball of yarn does the work and then you need one other to finish the border.  I think I ave some stash that will be just perfect for it.


I am so lovin Lang patterns lately.  This tape like yarn just screamed at me to buy it and make this top.  I am going to make 3/4 sleeves and maybe not as long as the pattern required.  We have seen a lot of tape yarns lately too.


This light aqua is a tape yarn too, but with more of a net like look to it.  It will be a very little shawl, but will look great over some spring/summer t-shirts.  They are bringing me the pattern tomorrow so I can't post it at the moment.


 And this yarn is so super soft!  And of course the colors, oh the colors.  I am noodlin on a little top out of them, using color blocking.


Tomorrow afternoon, there may be a few more yarns following me home as the attendees who have wares to sell will be on tap!

No comments: