Sunday, November 04, 2007


I Was Positively Giddy!

"I'm going yarn shopping, I'm going yarn shopping" That was my little tune as I made my way to Knit 4 Together yesterday. What will they have, what can I buy? Will the Taos be in? Can I cast on as I sit there?

Nope, it is on back order. Nancy shows me in person the color I am getting. Cool. And I can wait cause I have two, no three sweaters that are real close to being finished. So, maybe I will just buy needles and be out of there!

I saw a gal in Walmart on Friday night that had a below the waist knitted bolero jacket that looked really cool with jeans. It struck me that I could knit that. While, congratulating myself for still being on the yarn diet, Nancy shows me a flyer from Brown Sheep that has a varigated that would be just perfect for the bolero. Heck, I don't even know where the pattern is or how much I need, but I order it. Now, I know I'm getting out with just needles! At least today!



But, damn, I came to buy yarn and I did. Thought I had a clue as to what I was going to do with it, so I bought it.

Norma and Jean just happen to stop by and Norma sees what I am buying. She trying to help (read as save me from myself) gives me insight "aren't those the same colors you bought for the other cardigan?" "Well, yes, BUT, this is going to have black in it is my reply."

I've been too long without a new yarn purchase, I don't recommend it! I feel so much better after having an infusion of yarn. So much so, that I may go back again next Saturday.


Hi, my name is Penny and I am a yarn addict. And I want to remain one.

No comments: