Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Much Better Today

It's funny how when wound in a ball, how much I like my yarn! Next step is to knit a swatch and see what it looks like knitted up. I think it wants to be a shawl. The base yarn is Happy Feet.

Yesterday when I was looking at the finished product, I was a little dissappointed. I was hoping more of a variegated yarn and wondering how dyers get the look...I think I understand now. Once wound it gives the look of being variegated.

This is what my second yarn started out looking like. We used the Immersion method of dyeing using sangria and turquoise. Unfortunately, the pictures just don't do the color justice, so no post of the final product. But it is a deep deep reddish purple. The yarn really softened up after dyeing and the rinse with suave hair conditioner.

Prior to dyeing it was really hard to knit with, now it feels pretty darn good. I'm sorry I didn't have the rest of it in hanks to dye. My deduction is that I can take some of the same type yarn. boil it and rinse with hair conditioner and then use the two together in a Adult Baby Surprise or Tomten.

Food for thought.

No comments: