Sunday, October 23, 2011

These Scarves Are Kind Of Fun

Although I am not getting any sweaters finished while knitting them, these scarves now are taking a life of their own.  I am having to do a little creative thinking with the yarns that I have. 

 I was unable to get another skein of the variegated yarn so with some help from my friend Debbie at the shop yesterday, we came up with a purple Brown Sheep.

Despite me not knowing how this would turn out, I really am quite happy with it.   There are more ends to deal with, but over all this is turning out to be a pretty neat combo.  I am alternating the sides that I start and stop the yarns every 3 sections so the joining rows really are blending in.

I am almost to the point in the scarves that I am looking for maybe some patterning to a few.  I pulled these odd ball Encores out of the yarn room.  I am giving thought to some of them going longwise.  Only problem with that is that the rows will be reallllllllllllllllly long.  Perhaps I'll only do ONE of those!

2 comments:

Linda said...

So are they for a charity or???

Penny said...

The scarves are for a Holiday party at work that I and two other friends are in charge of. My friend Norma knitted 16 of them and I have knitted 22. Only about 10 -12 to go. Thank goodness they are all garter.