Monday, April 22, 2013

An Hour A Day

I seem to get myself in a lot of trouble when it comes to KALs.  I commit to them, I start them, I knit a bit and then feel really bad when I don't follow through and they sit in the time out basket, waiting for me to come back and see them.

So, what I have done, starting yesterday, is commit to one hour a day working on my Ivory Leaves Jacket from the Knitted Jackets Book by Cheryl Oberle and hosted over on the Knitaway Group on Ravelry.


Yesterday, I even shut down the computer and turned the t.v. off while I was knitting on it.
Tonight, I had good intentions and I did have them both off for about a half an hour and then The Voice came on and I found myself still knitting on it.  The only time I looked up from my knitting and the chart was when the actual battle rounds were going on.  I love that show .


I knitted way past my hour today and it felt so good to have some more to show for it.


This is a much better color picture, but you can see how far I have come in just a couple of nights.  I really need to get my camera back from the DIL house where I left it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm pretty excited about this progress, I am going to try my best to keep it going every night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am horrible at KALs. I either start and finish way ahead of time or can't seem to get my act together. It is the same thing with book club books. I just can't be pressured to do things at someone else's pace.