Sunday, April 28, 2013

Rainy Days and Sunday Mornings


As I went to bed last night, I thought about the fact that in a few short days it will be May.  It is hard to believe, since April has been such a mish mash of weather, so much rain and a warm day or two intermixed with what seemed like winter coming back.  No real super Spring days that we so enjoyed last year before all of a sudden, Summer came without a moments notice.


While trying to drift off to sleep last night, I thought of my Flicker Easy Folded Poncho that I have been knitting on off on and on for sometime.  It is my lunchtime project and lately, I have not been too much at lunchtime, just eating at the desk while working, or teaching a few co-workers to knit (which I am having a ball with).  This poncho has like 50 inches of stockinette and I am not half way yet.

It is pretty obvious that I am not going to be wearing it this season, and I think it will make a fantastic Fall item to wear.  I think I will tag it and put it away for now, and bring it out later this Summer.  Although, it might make a great throw over to wear this July at Knit Camp in the classroom.  So, maybe I'll just sit it aside right now and pull it back out when I truly need some idiot knitting.


I have been playing around with LaLa's Shawl for a co-worker.  She will be 50 next March so there is plenty of time for knitting on this shawl.  This is another one that is going to be set aside for now.  There are so many things that I want to be knitting right now (ie all those cool yarns I got yesterday),  and it is time to really have those really truly want to wear this Spring/Summer out front and center for knitting now.


I made a pack with myself a week ago, that I would knit on my Ivory Leaves one hour a day, without t.v. or computer.  I've done fairly well, except for two things - there were times when the t.v. was on, but I am getting with the rhythm of the pattern now and so I can knit and watch t.v. at the same time.  And some nights, I just didn't want to put it down, but rather kept knitting past the one hour limit.  And I owe two nights of knitting still on it, because I took Friday and last night off to play with the Poncho a bit.

But, I think I can easily make that up today, because the laundry is all caught up and rainy days really make want to sit in my chair, with a hot cup of coffee and do a little knitting.  This morning's fare on t.v. is Mr. Selfridge from last week.  Then onto The Americans, I've got from the second week on to catch up on.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing this Sunday, I hope it involves knitting and you are having a great day - even if it is raining.  Enjoy!

No comments: