Saturday, April 27, 2013

Shopping

It was another good day at the Knitting Pipeline Retreat and I added some yarn to the Yarn Room today, but I am so pleased with my purchases.


Some were from the local shops that had set up last night and today.  From The Fiber Universe, Cobasi yarn in two colorways.  During the month of April, they were doing a surprise KAL with Knit Purl Hunter.  It wasn't until last week that I saw on-line some of the shawls that were almost done, that I decided I might like it.


From Knit 4 Together.  I've been trying to decide several weeks which color way of Vijay Fibers to get to make a shawl was in the Spring issue of Interweave Knits.  Claudia helped me make the final decision today.


Last winter, I knitted myself a Purl Ridge from Stephen West out of Araucania Yarns in a royal blue.  I really liked it and one of my close young friends really liked it because it wasn't so chunky of a cowl.  She and the lady who works for me are the only two that I actually will knit for, so the one on the right is for a birthday present for one and a Christmas present for the other.  I bought one from The Fiber Universe and the other from Ewe-nique Yarns Etc.


Ewe-nique, also had this cute pattern for a little bunny hat.  The other pattern is a stuffed animal, but I really bought it for the bunny hat.  And that it is out of Opal which I just so happen to have some of that in the yarn.

I got this great Nora Gaughan pattern book free with my purchase, and I was quite thrilled about it as there are several cool sweaters that have possibilities for later this year.


 I bought a couple of things from retreat attendees today that set up.  From Klose Knits, this cool fame yarn.  She had a Wingspan knit out of it on size 4 needles.  I already knit one Wingspan, but this one is so different that I had to get the yarn.


From Cakewalk Yarns,  this Merino/Cashmere/Nylon yarn for some sort of shawl I am thinking.  I've been stalking her etsy shop here and there and so pleased to see her vending today!

Yep, I've got some knitting to do now.  I'm leaving my yarns in my Knitting Pipeline bag for now.

There was some more great inspiration today.  One of the breakout sessions this morning was Shawl Show-Off from Cindy.  She had quite a collection that she showed for us, and I am so anxious to head over to Ravelry and check her projects out.

As last year, Paula and a couple of her group played the bagpipes for us.   The food-breakfast and lunch were once again fantastic ( a veggie burger unlike I have ever had), with water, tea and coffee always on hand.

Well worth the $60 to attend.  Another fantastic Knitting Pipeline Retreat, I'll be going again next year!

No comments: