Saturday, April 13, 2013

Here She Goes Again

This morning I woke up with a great sense of calmness.  Maybe, it is because, today is truly the first day of a vacation that is just for fun (and I don't have to do or go anywhere I don't want), or maybe it is because the sun is shining and it is quite beautiful after a few days of rain and gloom which resulted in a flooded basement and some cleanup that is still not totally done.


Maybe, while I was sleeping I came up with where I want to go with my knitting, yep, I think that is it. You see, for the last week or so I have been spending a lot of time searching Ravelry for a couple of projects to go with some yarn I have.  I have blogged about both of them, one is Sea Pearl and the other  is my Flux yarn.  I have spent so much time searching for the right patterns that I have not been doing much knitting at all.  Something, that I am going to rectify this week.

If I was to be 100% honest with myself, I tend to go off on a tangent and follow the crowd in my knitting and not giving a whole of thought of how it would really look on me.  You know the way it goes, it looks good on the svelte model, it will look good on this short, heavy hipped 55 year old.  Not!  But, sometimes, I'll take off knitting on something and then realize, that is not going to look good on you nor will you feel good in it.  This is a topic over on Amy Herzog's blog that you all have to start reading.  Amy's Blog  I am.

I happened upon Amy's Fit to Flatter several years ago when she was doing an installment on her blog about it, before her new book(just out and sure to be in my library soon, I am sucker for fit to flatter books) and her Craftsy class (which by the way I am signing up for) was out too.  Coupled with a thought I had for Sea Pearl as I laid in bed this morning and something pushing me to look at my Groups on Ravelry, specifically Amy's f2f, I am embarking on a new direction in my knitting.  I am only going to knit things that are really going to look good on me and that I am going to love wearing because I feel good in them.


With this thought in mind, some sweaters that are in my wardrobe are going to be gone, and some that are on the needles may have to be taken off of the needles and repurposed.  It is going to be like ripping off a bandaid, because a lot of them, I just love the design, but frankly they just don't look good on me.

What better way to start a vacation with a sunny day, a visit with Mona Lisa, and a new purpose in my knitting.

No comments: