Sunday, December 27, 2015

Lazy Sunday

The Christmas decorations are all put away, and we are having one of those lazy Sundays in Winter.  I'm wasting my afternoon watching House Hunters on HGTV.  What are you up to today?


Even though, we have been so lucky, it would appear that we might get a bit of ice in the next 24 hours and the long range forecast for Central IL is that we will be in the twenties to upper teens in the next week, but hey that will give me some days to wear sweaters that really have not been out of the chest yet this year.  That does not mean that I want Spring and Summer to be here anytime soon, because as I have blogged before, I've gotta lose at least 20lbs, ideally more, but I'll settle for 20 to start.


I'm not sure exactly how I am going to accomplish that yet, but am starting with putting my fit bit back on and promising myself to get back on the treadmill at least a couple of times while I am off.  Once I get back to work, Suzy and I have promised each other that we will get back to walking at lunch a couple of times a week.  She will keep me honest, at least at work, not putting up with my excuses.

But, in the meantime, I am trying to decide which way to go with the eating habits.  Way back when, in the beginning of time,  I have done really well on Weight Watchers, but it seems in the last few years when I have tried it, I ended up just paying a lot of money and not losing any weight.  And I really dislike paying out dollars to lose weight especially when I know how to handle it and have a great app "My Fitness Pal" which is free on my phone.


I've been gluten free for over a year now, and it seems to be helping with some other issues, but it is not a great option for losing weight.  There is a bit of history in my family with adult on set diabetes and I know that sugar has been really overboard in my diet lately, so I am starting by my cutting down the sugar intake in my diet.  It is going to be hard to give up my Chai Tea at night, but I've yet to find some sort of substitute for it that does not include splenda, sucrose, sucralose or a durative of (another group of things that my body does not like).  I do like a good cuppa coffee though, so that maybe a good substitute during the Winter.  I really would be interested in feed back if anyone has some great ideas of what works for them to curb the sugar cravings.

I know that between now and when I go back to work I need to have a plan for taking healthy snacks to work and better lunches than just an apple and peanut butter (heavy on the peanut butter).  Pre-planning is the crux of the plan and I know that so I really need to be ready when that time comes.  Which means a bit of research will be most helpful.  Pinterest has been wonderful to find some great ideas as well and Hungry Girl.  The key word here is follow through!  One can not just read about it and pin it but rather taking it and inserting it into my daily activities.

Thats enough of that stuff.  What I really intended on blogging about today was Hospice Shawl patterns.  But, I'll save that for tomorrow as that post needs more than just a tag at the end of a Lazy Sunday.

Until then, kick back and relax, it is back to work tomorrow, oh wait, not for me!  I leave you with some cuteness for this Sunday.




No comments: