Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Day After

Ok, now we can get serious about some knitting and de-toxing all the sugar that I have consumed in the last month.  I'm not waiting until the new year to get moving on both avenues, but rather starting tomorrow (no really), that way by the time the new year rolls around I will be hopefully in a groove of better eating habits and exercise, but we'll blog about that later.

While being off the last few days and having all my holiday knitting completed, I really had the urge to cast on something new.  I felt like by the time I go back to work that I would like to have something to show for my time off.  But, since I could not come up with just one thing to knit on, I decided my time would be better off knitting on something already on the needles.  There are multiple choices as you can imagine, but I have decided to knit on my Labrouste Shawl as much as possible.


Labrouste is a shawl pattern from Natalie Servant.  I met Natalie at Meg Swansen's Knit Camp a couple of years ago.  Last Summer, she released Labrouste.



Labrouste is a pretty simple pattern (at least for now), just stockinette stitch for quite a bit increasing at eyelet rows.

I've been using Labrouste as my knit in public project as it it does not require much concentration.  I have to say, though, I am ready for a bit of change, which hopefully, I'll be at the patterning very soon. The pattern includes some nupps, which will be interesting, since I am pretty sure I have never knitted any nupps, so a google search or you tube search might be in order when I get there.  My friend Pam, who has knit a lot of nupps may be able to guide me if I need some help.


The yarn is Lost City Knits Oak Barn Merino, purchased last Summer at Stitches Midwest (we will talk about that plan of attack in the coming days).


I am loving the yarn and the color way, it will be great to perk me up during the Winter blues that are sure to follow the holidays and hey, it goes with the current nail polish right now too!

No comments: