Monday, December 21, 2015

Taking A Minute For Me

It seems like it has been months since I could just knit on what I wanted with no knitting deadlines.  Hey, wait a minute, it has!  I first started knitting for Poppy's impending birth back in September, with his blankie and another for a shower present for Poppy's cousin and then onto Christmas stocking knitting and finally finishing up with two scarves for greats and a cowl for my assistant late last week.  I think it may be time to knit something for me with no constraints, no deadlines, no I'll wait until I lose a few pounds, just knit for the pure enjoyment and on whatever I want to.

Problem is, I want a finished product, I just don't want to knit a whole bunch on it. I need something with a bit of excitement to it, but not so exciting that I can't follow the pattern while I am knitting in public.

I, also have this notion that it should be one of the many WIPS already on the needles or something from the Stitches Midwest bag of goodies, because like my friend, Linda from OKC, I think I need to go Cold Sheep starting in 2016!  I have a ridiculous amount of yarn in the stash and I need to be knitting on it!

Did you just catch what I did?  I started out knitting without constraints and all of sudden have begun placing all kinds of constraints on my knitting.  Oh for pete's sake, I think I'm going to go get a piece of peanut butter fudge and figure out what my next project is going to be.

Catch ya on the purl side!

1 comment:

Andi G said...

Heh- I did catch what you did there, only because I am doing the very same thing. Not sure if I want a million projects on the needles or to dedicate my time to a few "meaningful" ones. Then again, isn't is rather fun that we have a choice?