Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Little Housekeeping

Normally on Saturdays, I head out for a morning of knitting in Dunlap at Knit Four Together.  This morning I decided to stay home and get some things done.  I have not accomplished a whole lot after a minor water problem we had this morning, but I did managed to get a head of the Sunday Reflections.

I have just a small list going of "current" knitting projects.  One of the things that was once again driven home to me during my Olympic Knitting Project is that if you stick to something you eventually will finish it.

I'm not done yet, but it is nearing the end.  I am hoping that I can finish it this weekend to block it.  Then I can take it off of my list.  Here is what is on the list right now:

The Radical Knitters (Thursday Night) projects and also the at home projects - because they require some paying attention to the pattern and what you are knitting:
Above:  Summer Solstice from Briar Rose Wistful
Below:  Hanten
This is a KAL over on the Knitaway Group on Ravelry.  It is a pattern of Cheryl Oberle and the yarn is her Dancing Colors.  It was one of those yarns that came from Knit Camp a year ago and has been waiting patiently in the Yarn Room to grow into something.  I love patterns like Hanten.  You just follow the instructions and watch it grow into a sweater.  Summer Solstice is one of those patterns but there is a little more to it.

Next on the list is two projects for my Saturday yarn shop knitting.  When I am at the shop, I like to be knitting on yarns from their shop, I'm just funny that way.  As I have said before, I have a lot of yarn from them so that should not be a problem.

This is the top down summer sweater from Knitting Pure and Simple.  You know how I love these patterns!  The yarn is Berroco Linsey that was actually purchased for Twisted, but on the great advice of my camping partner Linda, it was mutually agreed that it was not a good look for me.

My gauge nor does my needle match the pattern's so I am making some alterations on this.  I am crossing my fingers that all fits well in the end.  I am loving the way this is striping.  With a little luck I hoping to wear this yet this year for a bit.

My other project for the shop is a shawl I started earlier this Summer.  Jaala Spiro designed it and I liked the look of it.  I am using Liberty Wool that I bought on a whim (cause I liked the colors).  I have to admit I really liked the citrussy colors that others have used on Ravelry, but I think this will go great this Winter over a couple of turtle necks I have.

And finally, my new tote project from Cascade Sport.  This can also double as my project to work on at Fiber Universe downtown, since it came from their shop.  Two birds with one stone.  I am working a bit of this at work at lunch too.  It is slow going because I don't get to work on it too much, but a little at a time.    It's another one for later this year.


The pattern is from a Rowan magazine.  I am really falling in love with these Rowan patterns.  They have some nice classic styles that I think are great for the wardrobe. 

Looks like I am going to have some nice little sweaters for this Fall if I just stick to the program. My goal is to finish a couple before my new Dancing Colors gets here for my Swirl jacket.  Then there is that little Mona Lisa who is going to need a pumpkin hat soon, but thats a post for later.

It's beautiful here in Central IL this weekend, take your knitting outside and enjoy the day.  I think maybe I'll leave the housekeeping for tonight when the squitos come out.  Have a great day Knitters!!

No comments: