Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vogue - 30 Years

 What can I say?  I'm a sucker for fat magazines.  This is a pretty thick issue, but I really bought it for the articles and the ads.  There are more sweaters in the ads that I wouldn't mind knitting then the actual patterns in the magazine.  The 30 year issue has some great reading in and as always Meg Swansen's article.

 Just inside the front cover is this sweater from Mushishi.  I've knit with Mushishi before and I really like this colorway, I might see the yarn in my future!

 As always Bergere de France has a really striking sweater featured in an ad.  I just wish I could find a yarn shop within my area that carried the patterns or the yarn.  It looks like the draped sweater is going to be around for at least this winter's season.

 And Rowan...another yarn/pattern support I wish a local yarn shop carried.  This looks like a lot of work to me, but I sure do like the looks of this one.

And finally - the Poncho.  Seems like they are either making a come back or staying around for Fall.  I swatched and cast on last night for a poncho pattern that I had in the yarn room.  In the light of day, I've decided that I need to concentrate on the knitting I have right now, rather than cast on for a really limited time of wearing. 

Amazing what a night's sleep will reveal.

No comments: